Welcome to the Ballincollig Credit Union Limited website.
We are a local, not for profit financial institution. We specialise in providing a safe place for savings and loans in our community. Established in 1972, Ballincollig Credit Union Limited is proud of its heritage and continues to be governed by our members and voluntary Board of Directors.
A credit union is a group of people who save together and lend to each other at a fair and reasonable rate of interest. We offer members the chance to have control over their own finances by making their own savings work for them. Ballincollig Credit Union Limited is owned by the members — the people who save and borrow with it — people like you.
When you become a member and start saving with Ballincollig Credit Union Limited you will have access to fair and reasonable rates on savings and loans.
Your savings contribute to your credit union’s loan fund. So your savings are helping other members. Members like you.
Ballincollig Credit Union Limited exists only to serve its members — not to profit from their needs. Surplus income generated is returned to the members by way of a dividend and/or is directed to improved or additional services required by the members.
Ballincollig Credit Union Limited is non-sectarian and non-political, and continues that Irish tradition of co-operative self-help.
Why not become a member today – Please click here.
Click on any section below to expand view
- Ballincollig Credit Union ( BCU ) opened in February 1972
- Our first loan was for £ 50 for a Hairdressing course
- BCU moved to its custom built, premises in 1989
- A major renovation was completed in 2013
- BCU has 17,000 members in a growing vibrant community
- BCU to be the most trusted, respected and sought after financial institution, in our Community, providing value based innovation, financial education and support to our members, employees, volunteers and the communities we serve
- BCU to be at the core of the vibrant local economy and lending Credit Union in the county
- To grow BCU and enable it to provide members with a wide range of modern services they deserve
- BCU is a community based Credit Union with our members needs foremost in our decision making
- Our aim is to deliver a friendly, efficient and quality service to our members at all times
- John Jeffers – Chairperson
- Maura O'Driscoll – Vice Chairperson
- Gary O'Brien – Secretary
- Paul O'Mahony
- Bobby Murphy
- Margo Twomey
- Denis Lane
- Alexander Klymenko
- Jennifer Kenrick
- Mairead Perez
- Tom O'Donnell
Board Oversight Committee
- Joe Dillon
- Padraig Corkery
- Noreen Reardon