Benefits of Becoming a Director
- Gain skills and expertise at a senior level relating to the provision of financial services
- Gain valuable boardroom experience which enhances career development
- Have access to supported further education opportunities
- Have the opportunity to share business experiences, leadership skills and management capabilities in a team effort
- Contribute to the development of strategies and business plans
- Give back to your local community by strengthening its financial services co-operative
- The Board of Directors is responsible for the general control, direction, and management of the Credit Union
- The Credit Union has a professional management structure but the Board is responsible for setting the strategy for the credit union and overseeing the management of the credit union by the management team
- Meetings of the Board of Directors take place monthly and are usually held on the last Wednesday evening of each calendar month. Meetings generally take between 2 and 2.5 hours.
- Directors are encouraged to get involved on various committees.
Application Process (Closing Date – 2nd of February 2018)
Ballincollig Credit Union Limited,
Credit Union directors must meet Central Bank requirements for fitness and probity and candidates will be subject to some checks prior to nomination. Details of the requirements can be found here