JOB TITLE: Member Services Officer
CREDIT UNION: Ballincollig Credit Union
REPORTING TO: Manager
GENERAL SCOPE OF ROLE:
The MSO will be accountable to the Manager of the credit union for carrying out a range of administrative and operational activities that contribute to the effective running of the credit union.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Reporting directly to the Manager, the MSO will provide an efficient service to members within the authorised limits granted by the manager
1. Dealing with members concerning lodgements, accounts amendments, loans, and withdrawals.
2. To deal with foreign exchange counter transactions
3. Open accounts for and educate new members
4. Taking and approving loan application within the lending discretions approved by the board.
5. Operating computers and other office equipment as required, following appropriate training.
6. Account reconciliation and balancing
7. Filing and scanning of membership application forms; loan application forms; insurance forms etc.
8. Issuing documentation and items of general information to members and non- members as directed.
9. Be conversant with all relevant aspects of the computer.
10. Be conversant with all aspects of LP/LS and DBI claims.
11. Dealing with member queries.
12. Co-operation with the manager in the development and/or implementation of new services
13. To attend training programmes and workshops as required by the credit union.
14. To be aware of and comply with all Health & Safety regulations as directed by the credit union.
15. To undertake such other reasonable and lawful duties as may be directed from time to time by the manager.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good IT skills
- Excellent administration skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a frontline role within a credit union or similar financial institution
- Strong team work ability.
- QFA/CUA preferable but not essential.
Ballincollig Credit Union Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Applications by post to Simon Foley, Manager, Ballincollig Credit Union Limited, Harrington Street, Ballincollig, Co. Cork or by email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 3 pm on Tuesday 17th March 2020
Please Note: Ballincollig Credit Union’s privacy statement is located on our website HERE or you can request a copy from our branches.