Members of a credit union enjoy many benefits, including:
- Competitive loan interest rates.
- Loan life protection and life insurance at no direct cost to you. Once you maintain a balance of €200 in your shares you qualify for Death Benefit Insurance. €1,950 is available towards funeral expenses, peace of mind and security for your loved ones. (Terms & Conditions Apply)
- No transaction charges. (Some charges may apply for Postage & Coin)
- We have a wide range of financial services available with a variety of discounts and free services for members.
- 10% Loan Interest Rebate paid to our members in 2019.
- Security of savings through the credit unions’ fidelity bond, the Irish League of Credit Unions’ Savings Protection Scheme, and the Government Savings Protection Scheme. (All member’s shares are guaranteed up to the amount of €100,000).
- The knowledge that your savings are being used for the benefit and development of your community.
If you are living or working within our common bond you are eligible for membership with Ballincollig Credit Union. This reflects the fact that Credit Unions are mutual organisations run for the benefit of our members. Our common bond extends to any person residing or working in the following areas of Cork County. Please view our common bond map below.
Ballincollig | Ovens | Farran | Farnanes
Cloghroe | Carrigrohane | Model Farm Road | Ballinora | Waterfall
Aherla | Cloughduv | Crookstown | Lissarda
Inniscarra | Dripsey | Coachford | Aghabullogue | Carrigadrohid
In addition: A person shall be treated as having the qualification required for admission to membership of the credit union if they are a member of the same household as, and is a member of the family of, another person who is a member of the credit union and who has a direct common bond with those other members.